Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Meandering math

My mind meanders occasionally as I explore my gravity theory, so I write down my ideas to give them direction. Today, I put down some numbers to help.

Well-known gravity measurements show a difference in gravity at the equator and at the poles, which I call the equatorial gravity difference. Measured in terms of acceleration, the difference is about .043 meters per second. Translated into a percentage of the weight of a given mass, that means things weigh about .5% more at the equator than at the poles.

My gravity measurements, taken for my experiment earlier this year, show a difference between gravity in the day and in the night. I call this the diurnal gravity difference. It is about .000185 centimeters per second, a much smaller difference but still measurable. I calculate it to be about .0115% more weight in the day than in the night.

To illustrate, a 6,800-pound sports utility vehicle weighs about 34 pounds more at the equator than at the poles. Applying my gravity measurements, it also weighs about .782 pounds more in the day than in the night. With a heavier object, the difference is more significant.

For example, a 162,000,000-pound aircraft carrier weighs about 810,000 pounds more at the equator than at the poles. Using my gravity measurements, it also weighs about 18,630 pounds more in the day than at night.

While the equatorial gravity difference is generally an accepted fact, the dirunal gravity difference is my invention. At least, I believe I am the first to propose it exists based upon my experiment.

Of course, my findings are preliminary and more testing will probably produce a more accurate measurement of the difference. (My experiment was conducted on Jan. 3, 4 and 5, 2009. Long-term measurements will give a better average.) But the experimental data shows that there is a diurnal gravity difference.

I believe my gravity theory, which led to my prediction about the diurnal gravity difference, also explains the equatorial gravity difference. Gravity is a product of mass in motion. The Earth is moving through space and straining against spacetime, and more of the Earth's mass is accumulated at the equator due to its rotation. As a result, there is greater resistance to the Earth's movement at the equator and concurrently a greater gravitational effect there.

No comments: