Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Waiting for the bottom to drop out


As I have waited for the results of my gravity experiment, I have tried not to think about my theory because I do not want to preoccupy myself with it until I have some confirmation about its viability. 

I guess I have been bracing for the possibility that the bottom will drop out. I don't want to invest more of my mental energy if it is a flawed idea. But I couldn't help myself as I mused about another application of my theory this week.

I was thinking about the phenomenon of weightlessness that passengers experience as they descend in airplanes faster than gravity pulls them down. Astronauts train in this zero-gravity environment, and even tourists can pay to have the experience.

In my musing, it occurred to me that objects on Earth should also experience weightlessness if the planet suddenly accelerates around the Sun faster than gravity is pulling it through space. If so, then this phenomenon further illustrates my gravity theory.

According to my theory, gravity is an effect of matter moving through space.  Everything is moving with the inertia of the Big Bang but things slow down as they meet resistance. And that resistance is manifest in weight.

If my theory applies, the zero-gravity phenomenon shows that matter does not have an inherent attractive force but is an effect of matter moving through space. As extrapolated from the experience of passengers on a speedily descending plane, the accelerating planet will leave its inhabitants floating in space once the bottom drops out, so to speak. 

In other words, everything --- planets, planes and people --- are moving through space. The Big Bang is propelling us all, and we sense resistance to that motion as weight.

Until the results of my gravity experiment, however, I guess I'll just float around in my own world.



No comments: